Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wimba on Crack and what is a chat anyway?

Last week was challenging to me because I was teaching some tooltimes and attempting to help students in the class at the same time.  I had to keep leaving the computer I was demonstrating on and I am sure having a snowball mike would have helped.  We have many different levels of proficiency in the class right now, and those most proficient are at home on wimba.  I felt pressure to keep up the dialogue for them at home and still assist the students in class with their problems.    I know when I was home on wimba for the first time, there was a lot of dead air, like a radio station, that was not a good scenario so I tried to avoid it.  Another thing I noticed is that this class does not use the chat window as much as previous classes, so it was hard to track who was on track at home and who wasn't.  I was disappointed when I realized the last two demonstrations of diigo and delicious were not archived.  They are useful tools and I could have used those archives with my teachers, guess I will have to make jings.  I am still learning how to keep it all flowing together without dropping any balls.

3 comments:

  1. No worries. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, you are truly awesome. You might feel like you're dropping balls but it looks pro to me!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, we appreciate all you do for us. Many of us are more vocal then others when it comes to issues and feedback. I guess I need to be better about telling people when they are doing well. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean, I will remove posts with unsavory language or content.